30% ruling application
Finsens Tax can assist you with the 30% ruling application process. We can assist you to review your situation in detail so that you know whether you qualify or not.
If we come to the conclusion that you qualify we can apply for the 30% ruling application. The application needs to be filed on behalf of the employer and employee.
The steps are as follows:
- We will send you a checklist for the information that is needed in order to review your situation in detail;
- After the review we will contact you to discuss whether you are eligible or not and on which grounds;
- If we come to the conclusion that you are eligible we will prepare the documents that need to be signed by the employer and employee;
- After we have all signed documents we will file the application to the tax office;
- The tax office sends us mostly within 2-3 week a letter with the notification that they received our application;
- The tax office takes 6-8 weeks to review the application. This could be a longer period;
Finally we will receive the notification that the 30% ruling is granted or denied. The tax office could also require additional information before they make a decision.
If it is granted we will check whether it is granted for the correct period and inform you how to process the 30% ruling application. In case it is denied we will check on which grounds and file an appeal if necessary.
Requirements for the 30% ruling application
- The employee has to be recruited from abroad;
- Salary requirement;
- If younger than 30 years of age and the salary is at least € 28.350 (2018) it is required that you are in the possession of a master degree;
- If older than 30 years of age it is required that the salary is at least € 37.296 (2018) ;
- For scientist and research workers at universities and knowledge organizations there is no salary standard required;
- Distance requirement; the employee must have lived in the 2 years before the first workday in the Netherlands for at least 16 months more than 150 km from the Dutch border.
Contact us for more information.